Sunday, September 18, 2011

POEM for Trez


A while back a college friend of mine, who also writes, asked me to trade poems with him. I just came across what I wrote on my puter so I decided to share...enjoy :)



POEM for Trez


This is my POEM for you; Prophecy of Excellence Manifested
When I look at you I see a promise on your life
Destined for greatness and overcoming all your strife 
I cant be too sure about exactly what it is 
Im not as close to you as I could be but I know you have a gift
Paused by complications
Yet proceeding with patience
One of the reasons that I know you'll make it 
One foot after the other, staying on your path
Even if they doubt you
Even if they laugh
Most of all staying hungry 
and not settling for less
Steady striving for excellence
Acheiving the best
and I know its difficult at times
cuz I see myself in you
So its only in my nature that I 
wish success for you
They say real recognizes real 
well my talent recognizes yours
and if you had any doubt before
I hope this reassures 
That you were made to be great 
So keep doing what youre doing
Though the naysayers hate 
and the critics keep booing 
Know you got fans in the stands who wanna see you acheive 
Keep grindin like the Clipse and one day you'll be G.O.O.D. like Pusha T ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

don't be shy. comment :)